A brushless DC motor consists of a motor body and a driver and is a typical mechatronic product. Because the BLDC motor works in a self-controlled manner, it does not add a starting winding to the rotor like a synchronous motor with a heavy load under variable frequency speed regulation, nor does it vibrate and lose steps when the load changes suddenly.
We all know that any machine needs to be repaired when it breaks down after a period of use. The same is true for 3-phase brushless DC motors. In the process of using brushless DC motors, there will always be some problems. Today we will talk about the BLDC troubleshooting.
How to repair a brushless DC motor?
- During the disassembly process, make a record of the original parts, check the dimensions, and clean the parts. However, it should be noted that in the process of recording, it must be accurate, otherwise, any errors will cause the brushless DC motor to be unable to be installed. In the repair of brushless DC motors, oil stains should be cleaned. The length of the coil should be consistent, and the welding will be guaranteed. It is then dried and dipped.
- After the above steps are completed, the final assembly can be carried out. When carrying out final assembly, apply anti-rust paint to the rusted areas, and then carry out final assembly according to the markings made previously. After the final assembly, it is necessary to check whether there are any parts left in the seat, or whether the motor can work normally.
- In the process of motor maintenance, the most important thing is to make a mark. Only when the mark is made can the installation be accurate. It is best to draw the wiring diagram while disassembling the machine, which is the most accurate.
This is the whole process of brushless DC motor maintenance. Only by being familiar with these processes can the faults of brushless DC motors be better solved in brushless DC motor maintenance. It can be seen from the maintenance process that the marking of the disassembly at the beginning is the most important. Only when the marking is done well, can the brushless DC motor be installed accurately and finally.
How to maintain a BLDC motor?
- Maintenance requires unloading the equipment, so before unloading, it is necessary to blow off the dust on the surface of the motor, and the dirt on the surface also needs to be wiped clean.
- The parts after the disintegration of the motor need to be placed in a clean place without dust.
- For example, the maintenance staff knows all the structure of the equipment and the maintenance technology.
- The tools for disintegration need to be prepared.
- If possible, carry out a major inspection test to know where the equipment has problems and solve them in time!